Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2021

January 2021

 I have turned 34. I've got a painting from my husband and I am super excited about it. 

I bought plenty of painting gear and I follow step-by-step tutorials to learn basics of acrylics. They quite smelly but I have some creative outlet as at the moment with an infant and 3,5 year old at home in lockdown I have no brain power to work on my book projects. But I keep on gathering ideas... there might never be a perfect time and I am not waiting for such. I am just waiting for a slightly better times ;) I have not been very persistent with my exercising plans but the moment my older child will sleep consistently well I hope to have enough energy to will myself to train. As I said I just need slightly better times...

I am on a quest of healing my mind. And my to-read list is full of books that I hope will help me heal and grow. It is very challenging process but I rather go through it that regret that I didn't.

BOOKS

'The Gifts of Imperfection' by Brene Brown

I liked it! I learned a lot. I hope to have some time to one day process my notes. It is a book about feelings and what they mean and how to understand them.

 

'Braving the Wilderness' by Brene Brown

This was good but as I am not a citizen of USA some parts of it were not as important to me as maybe they were for those that are. No matter what one always can learn a lot from Brown. She just writes books that makes one feel welcomed and cared for.


'Scattered Minds: The Origins and Healing of ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER' by Gabor Mate

This book is among most important books I read so far in my life. I needed this knowledge and it set me on the quest of digging more into my psyche. It is book filled with wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment