Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Water Taxi in NYC

Manhattan from water is a must see when you in NYC!



I took this trip two times now (spring 2013 and spring 2014) and probably if I am in NY again with someone that never tried it
- I will do it again! :D

Taxi costs $50, so not too cheap. Although, it is not unusual price for truistic attraction in US.



One can just sit at one boat and do the whole round trip - part of Manhattan, Brooklyn Bridge, and Statue of Liberty. There is a guide but unless you sit down in a closed part of the boat you might not hear/understand everything especially if english is not your first language.

The first time I took this cute yellow boat taxi I took the round trip which takes about 1h30min.





There is also other option with this taxi-trip.

One can also hop out and hop in at different stops and enjoy the trip more or less whole day and do a lot of sightseeing.

That is not exactly what I did on my second ride, because I only used one stop, but it is definitely a nice option.

My main aim on the second trip was Brooklyn Bridge, since I have never walked it before.
And for some reason I really wanted, so I have terrorized my travel companions and we did it!

I think it was totally worth it.
It was a bit challenging to find where to enter the bridge but definitely not impossible.

I haven't walked it completely.
However, I saw and experienced what I wanted.

From one boat to another there was plenty of time to enjoy the bridge and grab some ice-cream before boarding again.
















There is no option of hoping out at the Statue of Liberty at Liberty Island.
So this little island and museum that they have there still has to wait for me.

Well I plan to come back to NYC again, so no need to see everything at once ;)


2 comments:

  1. New York is a great city! I've been only once there but I loved it! Do you mind if I ask where you stayed with your mother? I want to give plane tickets to my parents as a gift for their wedding anniversary, but the hotels are so expensive. Did you manage to find something cheap or at least affordable? I'm using this website. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej LilKittie :)
      Haha yes NY is very expensive.
      First time I have been in NYC I have stayed at my cousins place out of The city. Second time I have stayed in The Roosevelt Hotel. It is a nice hotel but at least as for me too expensive (I was lucky that my fiancées parents invited us there ;) )
      This time me, my mom and my fiancé stayed at cheaper place, Hotel Edison near the Time Square. In my opinion it was still quite expensive but we stayed only 3 nights and it was important for us to be close to most popular tourist attractions to show it to my mom since it was her first time in NY. It was nice enough hotel and we liked it. If the price is acceptable for your budget then I can recommend that place.
      Whenever I travel I use web page: momondo.com for flight tickets, car rental or hotels. Sometimes I search for hotels on booking.com
      I would generally say that Manhattan is expensive and I would be careful with cheap places there because my friends stayed in hostel and had to deal with running around rats.
      Hope you will find something suitable for your parents.
      All the best, take care and good luck :)

      Delete