Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

August 2020

Last month I have posted not the most fancy post ever but I did it. And to be honest I felt quite empowered by that. I missed this form of cluttering WWW with my content.

BOOKS

'In the Company of Men' by Eileen Scully

This book touches on different aspects of the reality in which women live in and does it by telling stories of few ladies who on top of having great careers decided to fight for a better future for other women. It is an interesting book but the writing style is not my favorite.

'Never Split the Difference: Negotiate as your life depends on it.' by Christopher Voss and Tahl Raz

If you want to read one book on negotiation you can make it this one, it can also be a book to start with this fascinating topic. It has practical tips, interesting stories and some level of psychological explanations. However, it is very business oriented despite claiming that the techniques can be applied to any aspect of life.

'Lean In. Women, work, and the will to lead.' by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell

This book is full of good advises on career for women. New to me were for example: to think more about future salary possibilities than on current while making decision to resign from pursuing some work related opportunities or goals; to tune negotiating methods to the way women are perceived which is different than men. There is slightly too little vulnerability for me to be fully impressed but I have learned a lot and enjoyed shared stories and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment