Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

2022

It seems that I highly exaggerated with my previous post claiming I have not been writing in 2 years here. It seems like I only skipped year 2022.

Now, I wish I could say that I have not been writing because I had too much fun. I did not! I had a year of constantly trying to figure out how to make it from day to day. From week to week. I only now start to think in months. It is a good sign that my depression is easing...

One thing I can do for sure is to simply check my Kindle app to see what I read. Despite everything 2022 was a good reading year for me. Although reading was my escapism, my main, more precisely it was typically my only procrastination and numbing mechanism. As I am trying to lead as clean life as possible from other addictive stuff. I am still guilty of spending most of my money on books I simply have no time to read all. But I will get there... improving on that is not at the moment even making a cut of top 10 things to work on... Maybe next year or maybe not... One step at the time.

In 2022 I have read 41 books. I am pleased and proud. Only 5 of them were not a romance! Those 5 books started my 2022 and they were all self-help books. I subconsciously needed a break from this genre as I have started many but finished non more until 2023...

I have read everything by Julia Quinn starting with Bridgerton series. Now I had not seen the series. But I read about the second season in the guardian and watched 5 min compilation of the first season on YouTube probably 3 times. And 2 months (or hopefully more...) later I were done with 28 books by Julia Quinn. Maybe that is not all she wrote but it is damn close. Now I wait for her new release "Queen Charlotte" that she co-written with Shonda Rhimes. To decide which book I liked most I would have to think about it a lot. They do blend a bit. But I had a blast reading them.

Once I was done with Julia Quinn and up to my amazon search there was nothing more of hers I wanted or could read I moved on to books by Emily Henry. I have read 3 titles of hers and liked them a lot. Here it is easy to choose and my favorite was "You and Me on Vacation" because of sassy dialogs. I read two short stories by Jennifer Cruise both fun. And then December 2022 and January 2023 went to books by Ali Hazelwood who writes STEM romance. 

As for my career... I dropped out second time from PhD program as I was recruited by head hunters for a position as a patent engineer.

I think that is shortly it. 2022 was intense and so far its chaotic aura spilled deep into 2023... it is thinning out so there is hope that 2023 will bring a beginning of something new. I feel new energy is coming... and it pulls me into planning future beyond a day, week, and even month...

Only good times in front of us... (this phrase came to me from "Welcome to Temptation" by Jennifer Cruise)

No comments:

Post a Comment